START TIME : 8:19 END TIME : 16:15 ASCENT↗ : 889 DESCENT ↘ : 890 WEATHER : Hot, sunny ACCOMMODATION : La Chant des Etoiles + LA Vita e Bella PRICE : €24.00 + 18.00 dinner MENU : Pasta, salad, chocolate pudding. NARRATIVE: Basically walked the roads today. I didn't want to walk the path up out of Conques to protect Mt ribs. Made it to Nohillac, then missed the path out of the village which added an extra km to my point. Then, I decided to take side roads to Livinhac instead of going to Decazeville. It went fine until the road I was on ended in a highway. Took me forever to figur...
START TIME : 8:41 END TIME : 14:15 ASCENT↗ : 344 DESCENT ↘ : 859 WEATHER : Cold, rain, hail ACCOMMODATION : L'Arche de Gabriel PRICE : € MENU : Charcuterie, vegetable stew, rice, cheese, cake with cream syrup NARRATIVE: Today was definitely Friday the 13th. I fell multiple times. Most of the day was a steep downhill in a rocky former stream bed. My balance was out of control ... due to jetlag? Fatigue? I barely made it to Monistrol. I felt like the Swiss runner during the Olymics who staggered across the finish line...
START TIME : 9:09 END TIME : 14:30 ASCENT↗ : 461 DESCENT ↘ : 376 WEATHER : Sunny, but windy cold. ACCOMMODATION : Ferme du Barry PRICE : € 42.50 MENU : S NARRATIVE: Made it to Aumont Aubrac. Only 16 km today. Before I left this a.m., I went to the pharmacy and bought some anti-inflammatory patches for my ribs. Seem to be helping with the pain. The fact that my shoulders started to ache from the weight of my backpack tells me that my ribs are hurting less. I've already stayed at this gite 2x, but I love how he ...
Comments
Post a Comment